There are many modalities of healing, of which yoga and crystal are just a few. And while many of us practice several healing modalities throughout our days, it isn’t too often that we combine different practices together into one extremely powerful, transformative, and healing practice. One of the most popular ways to blend healing methods is through a crystal meditation practice. One of my personal favorite ways to combine different healing methods is through incorporating healing crystals into my yoga practice. The physicality of yoga combined with the spirituality of crystals allows you to deepen your practice with both yoga and crystals.
A powerful aspect of a daily yoga practice is that it helps you to regain balance. Holding a crystal in your hand, or laying several on you body, and breathing deeply for a few minutes has a similar effect. It balances your body, grounds you in the present moment, and brings you back to center. You may also practice yoga to help reduce anxiety and stress. Healing crystals have a calming vibration that can help relieve anxiety and stress, as well. If you practice yoga for the physical strength and flexibility that it provides, crystals can help to enhance your commitment to your well-being by keeping you motivated and dedicated to your practice.
No matter the reason you come to your mat, merging yoga and crystals creates a powerful energy combination that deepens your yoga practice and heightens the transformational powers of your crystals. This combination takes you to a deeper level of healing, creating a closer connection with your yoga practice, your crystals and, most importantly, your self. Once you incorporate crystals into your yoga practice, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been using them all along.
As with any crystal practice, knowing where to begin can be overwhelming. To make it easy, we’ve narrowed it down to the best crystals for yoga –– whether you are placing them at the top of your mat, holding them during savasana, or carrying them with you off of your mat and into the world.
Yoga crystals for the top of your yoga mat:
- Selenite crystals for raising your vibrational energy and the vibration of your space.
- Blue Lace Agate for soothing energy and for stress & anxiety relief.
- Amethyst or Fluorite for peace and relaxation in your practice.
- Bloodstone for a boost of energy and vitality,
Yoga crystals to use during savasana (corpse pose): When the healing crystals are placed on the body during savasana, you are giving yourself a very powerful healing treatment at the end of your practice.
- Place a Selenite Cleansing Crystal over your chest for energy clearing and high vibrational energy.
- Hold Selenite Harmonizers in each hand for healing and positive energy.
- Place Chakra Healing stones on each of the 7 chakras for balance, alignment and chakra cleansing.
Crystals for carrying your intention with you off of your yoga mat:
- Chakra Healing Bracelet to stay balanced, aligned, and centered throughout the day.
- Stress Free Bracelet to maintain a sense of calm and relaxation.
- Health Bracelet as a reminder that your health and well-being are a priority.
Both yoga and healing crystals have the ability to bring about important shifts in your mind, body, and spirit. In yoga, release, transformation, expansion and awareness happen when the mind, body and spirit connect through breath and movement. Crystals work in a similar way, only the mind, body and spirit connect through energetic vibration. Combining yoga and crystals during your practice is truly energy medicine for the mind, body and soul.
Healer heal thyself.