Ancient lore touts rose quartz as the stone of love and beauty. Legend has it that Cupid, the Roman God of desires and affection, and Eros, the Greek God of love, gifted it to the Earth to bestow love, passion and happiness to its inhabitants. Rose Quartz is your crystal ally for all matters of the heart and the rose quartz uses cover everything from self-love to romantic love to healing from a breakup to forgiving yourself and others.
The message of the rose quartz uses is to love yourself and others unconditionally. It asks you to go within your heart to the space that knows love is the answer to all questions in life. The power of love is limitless and everlasting. When you shift your mindset and see all your problems from a place of love, it softens your heart, leading your mind into the same heart space of love.
The number of rose quartz uses is truly endless, but to get you started, give these simple rose quartz rituals a try! From a heart opener to a powerful self love ritual, these crystal rituals will help you tap into your heart and remind you that love is the foundation for everything in life.
3 Heart Opening Rose Quartz Uses
A Rose Quartz Self Love Ritual
- Hold your rose quartz heart in your dominant hand.
- Breathe in and out deeply seven times.
- Say out loud, “I choose love.” Say this affirmation as many times as you need to, until your heart and head feel that these words are true.
- Lie down on your bed, a yoga mat or any other flat surface. Set a timer for 11 minutes.
- Place your rose quartz gently over your heart, close your eyes and just breathe. Know in your heart and soul that love is the foundation of all things. You can shift and change your life at anytime through love.
- When the timer rings, you are finished! Be kind to yourself today and know that you are loved.
A Pre-date Aphrodite Bath Ritual
This is the perfect bath to take when you want to add a little extra sparkle to your aura to feel like a love magnet and attract love into your life. It’s the perfect “pre-date” ritual to energetically set the mood. Ideally, you want to take this love bath on Friday—the day aligned with Venus, the planet of love.
What you’ll need:
- 2 pieces of raw rose quartz or 2 rose quartz stones
- the petals from one red rose
- a pink candle
- vanilla incense
- 6 drops of jasmine essential oil
- Fill your bathtub with water.
- Add your rose quartz, rose petals and essential oil.
- Before you get into your bath, light your incense and candle, and draw a heart with your finger in the water.
- Submerge yourself in this healing, love bath! Dunk your entire head under the bath water six times. You are self baptizing yourself with the energy of love.
- Soak for at least 20 minutes and feel the love all around you.
- After your bath, give the rose petals back to the Earth—don’t throw them away in the trash. Carry your rose quartz with you in your purse or pocket, or place them on your nightstand in your bedroom.
Turning on Your “Heart Light” Ritual
What you’ll need: 8 pieces of rose quartz (you can use raw rose quartz, rose quartz stones or a combination of any rose quartz you have)
- Sit in a cross-legged position on the floor.
- Place 6 pieces of rose quartz in a circle around you and hold the remaining pieces in each of your hands.
- Visualize a wheel of pink and green light swirling in a clockwise direction over your heart in the center of your chest.
- In the middle of the swirling pink and green light, visualize a light switch. Turn that switch on!
- With the light in your heart turned on, ask yourself the following questions:
- Who do I need to forgive in my life so that I can move forward? Listen to what your heart tells you.
- How can I forgive myself so that I can move forward? Listen to what your heart tells you.
- Which three people in my life need to know that I love them with all my heart? Listen to what your heart says. Take action once you hear the names and tell those people that you love them.
Take the extra time to focus on the energy of love, the most powerful healing vibration on Earth. In addition to these rose quartz uses, you may also be interested in Love Rituals with Rose Quartz Points, Using Rose Quartz Crystals for Pets and Heart Chakra Healing with Crystals.