In this crystal practice, we’re going to do a visualization that combines an Amethyst crystal with the power of the purple violet flame, one of my favorite spiritual techniques to use for healing, spiritual connection and rejuvenation. The visual of the violet flame has been used for ages as a catalyst that helps you transmute negative thoughts and energy. The color purple holds an energy of spiritual awakening, spiritual power and the evolution of the soul. When you’re able to connect with the higher spiritual realm, you’re able to tap into your highest realm of being, which is where blessings and miracles reside. I’ve always loved using the visual of the violet flame—it’s just such a powerful technique.
What You'll Need:
- Place your Amethyst over your third eye. Feel its cool surface against your skin, and gently close your eyes. Take a moment to feel yourself open up to the possibilities, connecting with the cosmos above you and the Earth below you.
- Visualize yourself sitting in the middle of a lotus flower, but instead of leaves pointed upward all around you, the leaves are purple violet flames. Visualize yourself sitting in the middle of these purple violet flames, completely engulfed from head to toe. These flames are not dangerous to you. They don’t burn your skin or your hair or your clothing. The only thing they burn away is any negative energy that no longer serves you. Feel the flames burning away this energy. Burning away anything that has been weighing you down spiritually or energetically.
- Bring to mind whatever has caused you stress lately. If you’ve been worried about your finances, let all these worries burn up and away in the purple violet flames. If you’ve had an argument with someone, let the leftover tension or anger burn away. If you’ve fallen off of a health regimen, let your aggravation and frustration burn away in the flames. None of these energies serve you any longer. Let them go!! Visualize these flames continuing to burn higher and higher, up into the universe where they can all be transmuted back into the highest white light.
- Now see the flames temper a little, burning calmly all around you. Take three deep breaths in through the nose and out through the nose.
- Now, see the violet flames begin to intensify. See them burning upward all around you, beginning to fill you up with bright violet light. This light comes from all dimensions and all constructs of time. See the flames swirling all around you, engulfing you in pure, violet purple light. Visualize every cell of your being filling up with light. Every nook and cranny in your body, your soul and your mind filling up with light. Sitting in the middle of these flames, you are now locked into the regenerative rays of violet light.
- You are recharged. Your spirit is rejuvenated. Miracles and blessings are all around you.
- Slowly, bring your awareness back to your surroundings. Remove your Amethyst from your third eye and gently open your eyes.
How do you feel? Uplifted? Recharged? Invigorated? I know I do after this crystal meditation.
When you begin doing this exercise, thirty seconds may be enough. As you work with Amethyst and the purple violet flames, you can move on toward three minutes. The longer you sit with the Amethyst over your third eye while visualizing the purple violet flames, the deeper your visualization will go. If you ever feel like you’re losing the visual of the purple violet flame, shift the Amethyst around on your forehead to remind you of its powerful color.
If you have more than three minutes to sit with your Amethyst and the purple violet flame, great! The longer you sit in the purple violet flames, the more negativity you can burn away and the more rejuvenated you will feel. This is a highly interactive and focused exchange that you can tap into at any time.
Once you get comfortable doing this exercise and you want to stay connected longer than three minutes, feel free to lower the Amethyst onto your lap, or hold a piece in each of your hands. This crystal keeps your vibrations moving upward. It is a gatekeeper to help you get into a more meditative state. In this wide-open state of mind, anything is possible.