Thanksgiving is fast approaching, marking the official start of the holiday season. After a prolonged period of social distancing, we are ready to gather together again. The holidays can be a joyous time of celebration and fun – a time for decorating the home, preparing the perfect meal, having lively conversations around the dinner table, carrying on family traditions and creating lifelong memories. But, the holidays can also be a complicated and emotional time for many of us. They can bring added stress, extra noise, heightened anxiety, confrontation and perhaps even a sense of loss or sadness. Sometimes we struggle to reconcile the Norman Rockwell ideal of the holidays with actual reality! Try as we might, things never go perfectly. There is always the unexpected, unintended and the uncertain. No matter how you choose to spend the holidays, you can prepare to be in the right headspace and home-space. Follow this practice of using herbs and healing crystals for the holidays, and get the most out of the season.
—Use of Herbs for Energy Clearing and Cleansing—
If you are hosting guests this year, you can energetically program your home with intention and set the stage for a welcoming, positive experience. We all function on a higher frequency during the holidays, surrounded by more frenetic levels of activity and energy. More people are coming and going in and out of the house. Our kids are home from school. Maybe we have more deliveries or home improvements happening. Some of us may have family or friends staying with us for some period of time. With all of this extra energy swirling around, it is more important than ever to maintain and restore an atmosphere of peace and calm before and after our activities, parties and gatherings.
First things first, clear and cleanse the energy in your home environment so your guests feel welcome and comfortable while visiting.
You Will Need:
- Burning Sage has an antiseptic quality to cleanse the energy throughout a space. It will purify the atmosphere so no matter how active your home is, you can maintain a clear, calm and positive environment. Burn sage before as well as after your parties and gatherings to prepare and repair.
- Palo Santo wood creates an atmosphere of fun and high energy. Burn this before the arrival of guests to ensure everyone has a good time and feels right “at home”.
- Dragon’s Blood is for deep cleaning. This powerful herb can be used to clear out any residual negative energy that might remain following a gathering. Once the clutter is cleared and the dishes are done, burn this herb to cleanse on a deeper level and ensure positive energy is restored.
—Where to Place Crystals Throughout Your Home—
There are several different crystals that can boost the energy of your home during the holiday season. Placement is key to getting the most out of each one. Let’s take a virtual tour and explore the optimal benefits of these crystals for the holidays.
You Will Need:
- Black Tourmaline Log outside your front door – A virtual soldier standing guard, place this crystal outside your front door to shield and protect your home and family.
- Almadine Garnet inside your entryway – Welcome home! Place this crystal in your entryway, somewhere near your front door on a table, a shelf or even in a plant to greet your guests and welcome in prosperity, abundance and security.
- Sodalite in your dining room – This crystal is a conversation starter. Incorporate Sodalite in your dining room or on your kitchen table to keep the lively discussions and good vibes flowing.
- Peacock Ore in your living room – A reminder of the best the holiday season has to offer, this crystal brings blessings and joy. Give it center stage, perhaps on a coffee table, in your living room, family room or wherever you gather together and spend the majority of your quality time.
- Selenite Towers in the four corners of rooms – As a beacon of light, Selenite should be placed in corners or darker spaces, maybe even a particular room in your home that could use an elevated source of energetic light and healing. These towers can also be placed where people congregate, such as a dining room, to encourage an uplifting and positive dynamic.
- Blue Lace Agate in your bedroom – Rest easy. This calming, soothing crystal can be placed at your bedside to promote a good night’s sleep or address insomnia stemming from worry, stress, uncertainty or anxiety.
- Fluorite on your windowsill – A bountiful gift. With its rainbow of multi-faceted colors, Fluorite should be placed on a window sill or other light-infused space to create a kaleidoscope of beauty, joy and positive energy.
—BONUS: A Crystal Meditation to De-stress During the Holidays—
Take 5-minutes to breathe through any holiday stress with your crystals in hand! Heather Askinosie, Energy Muse co-founder, crystal expert and holistic healer, has created this simple guided meditation for you to use throughout the season.