Whether or not you are consciously aware, the challenges and changes of the holiday season may leave you feeling all sorts of emotions, and those emotions can get stored in your space. This guide will give you the tools to keep your space and your spirit uplifted and positive. From a space-clearing ritual to healing crystal recommendations for emotional wellness and a practice to help you rise above lower vibrations, we hope that these tips help you make your holidays]a little more special.
Part 1: Emotional Wellness: Crystal recommendations for 10 Common Emotions
If, like many of us, you’re a mixed bag of emotions, you may not know exactly what you are feeling or what to reach for to help you through it. Luckily, you don’t have to go it alone. Healing crystals are the perfect tool to help you work through the different emotions and feelings you are experiencing right now. Here are some of the crystal antidotes to some of the emotions you might be feeling this holiday season:
- If you are feeling alone: Angelite. Angelite offers a supportive energy and reminds you that your angels are all around you.
- If you are feeling anxious: Lepidolite. Lepidolite contains lithium, which is often used in mood-stabilizing medications. The composition of this stone gives it a unique ability to soothe anxiety and help you come back to a calm state of mind.
- If you are feeling disappointed: Pink Opal. Pink Opal is a powerful stone for emotional healing. It helps to resolve painful experiences that leave you feeling disappointed or let down, and reminds you to find joy instead.
- If you are feeling stressed: Blue Lace Agate. Blue Lace Agate has a heavenly soft energy that puts your mind, body and spirit at ease and helps you de-stress from reality.
- If you are feeling overwhelmed: Smoky Quartz. Smoky Quartz grounds your energy when you're feeling overwhelmed and helps you come back to your center.
- If you are feeling sad: Amethyst. The powerfully high vibration energy of Amethyst uplifts your spirit and helps you plug into the violet light to connect with a higher frequency.
- If you’re feeling frustrated: Hematite. Hematite draws you out of the frenzied feeling of frustration and reminds you that you can only address your own energy, right here and right now. It provides an energy of security and stability that helps you release yourself from the grip of frustration.
- If you are feeling emotionally drained: Citrine. The bright and sunny energy of Citrine recharges your energetic battery when you are feeling drained and depleted. It offers a source of light for you to plug into.
- If you are feeling angry: Rose Quartz. Rose Quartz connects with your heart space and fills you with the highest vibrations of love and happiness, helping you to release any darker emotions like anger from your heart.
- If you are feeling fearful: Tiger’s Eye. The brave and empowering energy of Tiger’s Eye acts as your cheerleader, encouraging you not to let fear take over your life.
Part 2: Environmental Wellness: How To Clear + Uplift Your Space
Although working through your feelings and emotions can be powerful, it’s also important to remember that these vibrations linger in your space long after you have released them from your spirit. To make sure you have fully cleared the energy of your home, follow this space clearing ritual and finish it off with a few strategic crystal placements to raise the vibration of your space.
Clear + Cleanse with this Space Clearing Ritual
- Open all the windows and the doors.
- In each room, move anything from the corners into the center of the room.
- Light a sage smudge stick.
- Say the following "Smudge Prayer," given to us by Bobby Lake-Thom (aka Medicine Grizzly Bear): Great Creator, the four Powers of the Universe, and all my Relations and Good Spirits in Nature. I come before you in a humble manner and ask for your help. The way I understand it, you put this medicine on the Earth from the Beginning of Creation to help Human Beings. This medicine is used to purify our mind, body, soul, aura and environment where I now stand. I therefore ask that you accept this medicine and purify me (or anyone else standing close to me as family and friends). I ask that you remove all bad spirits, all bad forces, all ghosts and deceased people, or any evil entities and negative energies. I ask that you remove all fear, pain and sickness. And do not let them return.
- Starting at the front door, walk around your home clockwise with your sage, assessing the energy. This process helps you develop a deeper connection with your space, so you can learn to “read” the energy.
- As you burn the sage in each room, dedicate a little extra attention to the corners and crevices, energy often builds up in these smaller spaces.
- After you sage your space, play our Space Clearing Megahertz Music playlist or any other mantras and Megahertz Music to clear any stuck, stagnant or heavy energy that remains.
Strategic Placement of Crystals
Now that your environment is clear, you can raise the vibration by placing crystals in specific spots. Here are some of my crystal recommendations to set your home up for the holidays:
- Grid your space with light by placing a Selenite wand or Selenite point in each of the corners of a room or on windowsills.
- Put Shungite cubes in the corners of your rooms to harmonize and neutralize negative energies, especially EMFs from technology and electronics.
- Place a Rose Quartz Point in the living room, kitchen, bedroom or any other rooms you want to fill with love and warmth.
- Bring natural Citrine into your common areas to uplift the energy and bring in happiness.
- Place Black Tourmaline by the back door or back of the house to act as a “garbage collector” for negative energy that finds its way into the home.
- Place an Amethyst cluster in any rooms you spend a lot of time in to act as an energetic air purifier.
Part 3: Your On-the-spot Crystal Practice
Even if you do all of the above–space clearing, emotional healing, etc.–challenges are bound to arise and you may occasionally lose your cool. For those trying moments, come back to your breath and your intention with this crystal practice:
Hold a crystal of your choice over your heart and follow the following breath pattern for healing: Inhale for 7 counts, hold your breath for 7 counts, and exhale for 7 counts. 7 is the number that represents healing. Repeat this breath pattern until you feel calm and centered.