The New Moon is the birth of the many moon phases to come in a month. New moon energy represents magical beginnings, the start of something anew. It’s a time when we are given an opportunity in our lives to acknowledge all of our hopes, dreams and wishes. It’s a time when we are able to plant powerful intentions aligned with all of what we want for our future and ourselves.
During new moon rituals, we are closing one chapter in our lives and exposing another. The commitment to a new moon ritual itself means we are open and willing to embrace change. We are seeking to bring more meaning into our life by committing to the universe the ideas we want to manifest. We are willing to fully carry out our life visions, yet remain flexible as new doors and opportunities arise for us.
This year, the month of September is blessed with two new moons, which means that this second moon on September 30th is called a Black Moon. When we are graced with the presence of a black moon, the energy surrounding us is even more impressive and mighty. New Moon rituals take on greater significance and carry a special energy. In fact, the black new moon energy is most potent during the period 1 day before, the day of and 1 day after versus the usual 3-day rule, so be ready for it!
Energy Muse’s crystal healer and co-founder, Heather Askinosie, has put together a special ritual with black moonstone to connect with the new moon energy. Black Moonstone holds the same energies as white moonstone but with a strong focus on the new moon energy and “beginning energy.” Whether it’s the start of a new project, setting new intentions or the beginning of a new pregnancy, black moonstone is the ideal crystal to connect with at the initiation of the moon cycle. When you connect with its energy, this crystal helps to cut through your internal layers to shed light on the negative thoughts, old patterns and energetic clogs that you need to let go of to pave your pathway to greatness. It has a gentle protective and grounding energy and is a crystal that you can work with daily.
Using Black Moonstone to Connect with New Moon Energy
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Black Moonstone stones – one for each hand to unite the left and right sides of your brain and body to balance and even out your logic and the emotions.
- 1 sage cleansing set
- On the night of the new moon, find a comfortable place to sit inside or outside, whichever you feel more comfortable in. (We prefer outside!)
- Smudge yourself, your crystals and your space.
- Sit comfortably, holding one black moonstone in each hand. Close your eyes, and soak in the new moon energy. Feel the energy of the black moonstone begin to fill your body and energy field.
- Visualize what you want to manifest and bring to life. Say your manifestation out loud, being as specific as possible. Read this post if you need guidance on setting intentions.
- As you continue to hold the black moonstone in each hand, its energy will begin to cut through your internal layers to facilitate the release of anything standing in the way of your manifesting. See yourself releasing all the old patterns and negative thoughts that may be blocking you.
- Focus on one specific behavior, pattern or thought process that you need to release. Visualize that layer peeling away, releasing any negative patterns and revealing your true nature.
- After you’ve finished, leave your crystals outside so they can soak up the energy of the moon.
- Each night of the waxing period between the new moon and the full moon, repeat steps 3 through 7, seeing your manifestation mirror the growth of the moon and come to fruition.
- Repeat this ritual at the start of each new moon.
You may also enjoy reading about amplifying your full moon intentions, setting intentions in tune with the moon and using the moon phases to connect with your inner moon goddess.