Healing crystals are powerful resources that release energy blockages. They have been used for thousands of years to transform energy. Working with these is an excellent way to heal physical, mental, and spiritual problems. However, getting started with spiritual crystals for beginners can be intimidating.
This crystal article from Energy Muse reviews crystal healing best practices and explains how to use healing crystals.
What Are Healing Crystals?
Healing crystals use energy to heal the mind, body, and soul. They transform your energy. The goals of working with them are to:
- Increase low energy
- Remove bad energy
- Transform your aura
- Release blocked energy
Healing is achieved through transformation or unblocking of energy. After each use, part of the healing process is clearing that energy from the crystal. Therefore, an essential aspect of working with healing crystals is respecting the stone's power and adequately preparing it to help you manifest your intention.
All crystals and stones are formed in the earth. Therefore they contain energy that was absorbed from nature. They are best cleansed with water, sunlight, and moonlight. Not all crystals can be submerged, so check the stone's properties before cleansing its energy with water. Placing them near windows with exposure to the sun or moon are great ways to recharge your healing stone before starting a new healing journey.
Are you ready to start working with healing stones but need help getting into crystals? This beginner's guide to working with crystals emphasizes the importance of intention setting, reviews healing rituals, and answers frequently asked questions about working with them.
Using Crystal Healing for Positive Results
The best way to use crystals for healing is by focusing on one problem, pain, or goal. Remember, not all recovery originates from negativity. They can be used for getting acquainted with your inner self or forming a stronger spiritual connection with a Higher Power.
The important thing is to decide on one focus for your healing work. That focus will be the inspiration for an intention. Setting an intention is the first step in learning how to use them. Purposes are specific and need to identify a problem and solution.
Each type of healing crystal has a unique frequency and energy field with specific healing properties. If you're wondering how to use healing stones, there are four common ways that crystals work as a conduit of healing:
- Physical touch or placement of the crystal on the body.
- Wearing them as jewelry.
- Creating a grid of healing stones in your home.
Let's go over how to use crystals for beginners and the best healing rituals to activate their energy.
How to Work With Crystals
Working with healing crystals is a complex process. The goal of healing with stones is to exchange negative energy with the crystal's unique energy. Learning to use spiritual stones starts the journey of healing and self-discovery. You can work with them by wearing them as jewelry, placing them on your body, and meditating.
If you are still trying to figure out where to begin, consider energy-charging things to do with crystals, such as healing rituals.
How to Use Healing Stones for Beginners: Wear Crystals in Jewelry
Wearing crystals in the form of jewelry is an excellent way to surround your body with healing energy. Placing them on the body connects the healing power of stones with your chakras. It is common to wear these in jewelry over your pulse or over a chakra to remove energy blockages from specific areas of your body.
Crystals are used to project and receive healing energy. If you want to project healing to others, wear crystal jewelry on the right side of your body. In contrast, you absorb healing from energy stones that are worn on the left side of your body.
Jewelry is the best way for beginners to start their healing journey. Popular types of jewelry that can include a healing crystal are:
Wearing them in jewelry such as a necklace or bracelet is effective because the crystal will be near your pulse. Necklace pendants will hang above your heart chakra and are suitable for healing needs of love, empathy, and forgiveness.
Placing Crystals on the Body
To address a specific ailment or energy blockage, place a healing crystal directly on the body where the issue is. For example, if you are experiencing digestive problems, lay down and put it on your abdomen. It is essential to lie down during this process.
Crystals are formed within the earth. Therefore, they carry energy that has been taken from nature. If you want to access the full power of its energy, it is crucial to be as close to the earth as possible. Laying down on the ground ensures your chakras are opened, aligned, and close to nature.
You can also place them directly on the body where your chakras are. This practice helps clear energy blockages associated with the seven chakras.
Healing Rituals With Crystals
There are several rituals you can perform to charge healing crystals. Completing healing practices with them increases their energy and healing power. Rituals are also helpful in solidifying your intention, which facilitates the healing process. Three everyday healing rituals with crystals are:
- Create an altar. Select an area to dedicate to your crystal altar, like a shelf or small table. Set your intention and pick ones with healing energy that aligns with that intention. Allow your intuition to arrange them on the altar. After an intention is manifested, cleanse and reset the altar to begin a new ritual.
- Bathe with crystals. Submerging in water infused with healing energy is a relaxing and powerful spiritual experience. Add crystals with special powers that match your intention to your bathwater. Before entering the bath, meditate on your intention.
- Meditation. Having a clear mind is essential. Choose a stone and hold it in your hand. Close your eyes and take deep breaths. Imagine the healing energy from the crystal leaving the stone and entering your body.
How to Use Crystals for Chakra Healing
People have used crystals for health and healing for thousands of years. Learning to use them for healing chakras is essential to effectively clear energy blockages in your body.
There are seven chakras. Select a healing crystal based on the energy associated with each chakra. Use them for chakra healing by laying down and placing a crystal on the part of your body each chakra lives in. Then, meditate and envision the energy from the crystal entering the chakra it is placed over.
- The Root Chakra is located at the base of your spine and grounds your true self with the world around you. Some crystals that help connect with your inner self are obsidian, red jasper, and black tourmaline.
- The Sacral Chakra is right below your belly button. This chakra is associated with your emotional energy, sensuality, and creativity. The top crystals that work with your Sacral Chakra are carnelian and rutilated rose quartz.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra is near your stomach and hosts feelings of self-esteem and confidence. If you are working with crystals to improve your emotions about self-work, choose gold or yellow-colored options.
- The Heart Chakra is within your chest. Setting an intention around love, empathy, or forgiveness aligns with this chakra. Work with apatite or rose quartz for this type of healing.
- The Throat Chakra harnesses the energy that deals with the inner self. It connects to who you are and what you believe in. Healing issues associated with identity are best worked with blue lace agate.
- The Third Eye Chakra is accessed just above the bridge of your nose. This chakra is linked to wisdom and spirituality. Spiritual healing is worked through this chakra. Amethyst is an excellent healing crystal to help with energy blockages in the Third Eye Chakra.
- The Crown Chakra is one of the most powerful chakras. Energy blockages in this chakra are focused at the very top of your forehead. This is where the highest levels of spirituality and self are actualized. Citrine and selenite are crystals that help with intentions relating to the Crown Chakra.
How to Use Crystals for Healing
The first step to working with crystals for healing is selecting a stone that aligns with the pain you are experiencing or the intention you want to manifest. It is always wise to cleanse them before working with them. Set a clear and specific intention and repeat it several times.
When you start practicing healing, try wearing spiritual stones as jewelry. Use healing rituals to charge the crystals and unleash their power as you progress. Physical contact with the crystal is a great way to increase the energy connection.
Follow these steps for working with healing crystals:
- Step 1: Select a crystal that aligns with the problem or goal you want to focus on.
- It is important to connect the proper healing stone to your intention. Each healing crystal has special properties that work with different sources or types of energy.
- Step 2: Cleanse the crystal and your mind.
- Healing crystals work by exchanging energy with your body. Therefore, cleaning them after every intention you work with it is vital. In addition, spiritual stones will pick up the energy of whoever touches them. Consequently, it is imperative to cleanse a healing crystal when you first get it as a way to reset its energy.
- It is your job to activate the transference of energy with the crystal. Having a clear mind is crucial to successfully working with them. As you begin a healing ritual, clear your mind of negative and competing thoughts. Work with these crystals in an area that will not distract you and interrupt your focus. Instead, focus solely on the intention that inspired your work.
- Step 3: Choose a method to work with your crystal.
- There are several healing rituals to choose from. However, the foundation of all of them is setting and staying firm within your intention. Crystal healing is only effective when it is purposeful. Whether you choose to meditate, create an altar, or bathe in water energized by crystals, the healing strength of the stone is only activated when it is assigned a task.
- Step 4: Be consistent when working with them.
- Crystal healing is not a quick fix to a problem. It requires repetition and dedication. The number one mistake beginners make when working with crystals is not allowing the stones adequate time to unblock energy.
How to Use Crystals in the Home
Healing home crystals clear negative energy from your environment. Your energy transfers into the space you spend the most time. Don't neglect your home as you experiment with how to use crystals and stones to heal your body and mind.
They also hold strong powers. They can protect from danger, improve prosperity, and foster love.
Where to Put Healing Crystals in Your House
If you want to protect your home and are wondering where to put them, start by creating a grid of the key areas in your home. Then, for increased healing power, put a crystal in every corner of a room.
Connecting the crystals by setting the same intention with each stone individually is essential. Repeat identical healing rituals as you place them in the grid you create.
How to Make Your Crystals Work
Buying a healing crystal and placing it on a shelf in your home or hanging it from a necklace you wear every day will not unleash the stone's healing energy. These work by interacting with your energy. You need to assign a job to the crystal.
Every beginner guide to crystal healing underscores that intention setting is the most powerful and crucial step to working with them. Be very specific when identifying your intention. Broad statements will not work. Instead, consider the exact problem you want to address and your desired solution. Say your intention while working with a healing stone that aligns with that energy.
Don't overthink how to hold them. Grasp it firmly and visualize the energy leaving the crystal and entering your body or home. Repeat it several times while concentrating on breathing purposely.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you have to wear a crystal for it to work?
The healing powers of crystals are not instantaneous. You need to work with them for the energy exchange to take place. When using healing crystals, consistency is vital. Practice integrating them into the framework of your daily pattern.
How do healing crystals work?
Healing crystals work by absorbing vibrations and transforming that energy into something else. While each stone has special healing powers, its healing energy is only accessed when an intention is set. When working with them, it is essential to give the stone a job. Creating a purpose for the healing stone activates the energy transformation. Healing rituals help with solidifying the intention and charging the crystal's energy.
How do you use crystals for healing?
The healing power of crystals starts with you. Best practices are:
- Identify a problem or goal and create an intention.
- Select a stone with a unique energy that aligns with that intention.
- Cleanse the healing crystal.
- Practice a healing ritual or meditate with the spiritual stone. Use physical contact and specific intentions to open the door for healing energy.
- Be consistent and work with them often.
How do you set an intention?
Focus on a need over want. Then, imagine what it would be like to have that need met and what you would have to do to overcome that need.
A crystal isn't going to magically dump millions of dollars in your bank account. However, it can help overcome feelings of inadequacy, procrastination, and self-doubt, preventing you from becoming successful. An excellent example of intentions to set surrounding prosperity and wealth are:
- I'm open to opportunities that offer growth and abundance.
- I can tackle any money-related obstacle.
These affirmations address a need and the effort required to accomplish it.
What is the best healing crystal to work with for beginners?
Clear quartz is an excellent healing stone for beginners. It is known as the master healing stone because it works with all energy points within the body. If you are unsure which crystal to start with, clear quartz is an excellent choice because it can absorb and transform any energy. Therefore, every crystal healer's collection should contain clear quartz, the master healer.
How do you use crystals for beginners?
The easiest way to start working with crystals for beginners is to wear them in jewelry. You can purchase them already set in jewelry or use wire to twist and create your own rings and bracelets. Before wearing one, make sure to cleanse and charge it. The crystal needs to become acquainted with your vibrations.